As an IT professional it is important to stay current on the latest trends in your field. Connecting with other area professionals with similar interests can be a great way to learn about emerging trends and explore creative solutions to common problems. Below is a list of many networking and educational opportunities in northeast Wisconsin. If your favorite organization is not listed, or you find that one of our links no longer works, please Contact Us so we can update our site.
Linux User Groups
- Fond du Lac Linux Users Group – The Fond du Lac Linux Users Group was founded late 2002 to help discover and promote Linux use in the Fond du Lac area
- Green Bay Linux Users Group
- Wisconsin LoCo Team is a group of folks that <3 Ubuntu. Ubuntu US Wisconsin Local Community Team (aka WiLoCo) advocates the use of Open Source software and Ubuntu in the State of Wisconsin, USA.
- Appleton Makerspace
- Idea Studio at FDL Public Library – The makerspace is a permanent do-it-yourself zone where people can gather to create, invent and learn.
- MakeBit – Fond du Lac, WI – MakeBit is in the early stages of becoming a Hackerspace/Makerspace in Fond du Lac, WI.
- Proto GB is a non-profit makerspace in Green Bay, WI supporting a community of kids and adults learning and sharing tools, materials and skills.
- America’s SAP User group (ASUG): Wisconsin Chapter meetings are typically multi-track affairs, featuring a strong mix of customer, partner, and SAP-driven presentations.
- Amplify Oshkosh: Coming together to promote the confluence and capabilities of technology in Oshkosh
- AITP (Association of Information Technology Professionals): NEW AITP offers area IT professionals, teachers, and students a source of support to help keep up with the dynamic field of information technology.
- BADD/WIBADD – Wisconsin Business Analyst Development Day: Wisconsin Business Analyst Development Day (WI BADD®; pronounced “we bad”) provides educational conferences serving business analysis professionals.
- dMorning: dMorning is an informal networking meetup event for people who work in the tech and creative fields in and around Northeast Wisconsin. The idea is to meet in the morning before the day gets hectic. There are no set rules and no agenda.
- Fox Valley Tech Hub : Fox Valley Tech Hub is a round table group where anyone wanting to learn more about contemporary tech and methods can come together to better their skills.
- Fox Valley APICS (American Production Inventory Control Society): The mission of the Fox Valley Chapter of APICS is to be the area’s leading provider of quality learning and networking opportunities that enable our members to be leaders in the management of resources in manufacturing and service industries.
- IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysts) Northeast Wisconsin: provides opportunities for education, sharing and continuous improvement so that we promote business analysis within organizations in our community.
- NEWCUG Meetups: NEWCUG is all about cloud, any cloud, and just great networking and conversations. Cloud Admins, Developers, IT managers, DBA’s, helpdesk, students… everyone is welcome to join! We talk about AWS, Azure, Google, and more.
- PMI – NEW Chapter: The Project Management Institute (PMI) Northeastern Wisconsin Chapter promotes the Project Management profession by holding meetings, educational programs, and outreach events that are designed to promote the understanding of Project Management principles.
- Women in Technology Wisconsin (WIT): The mission of Women In Technology Wisconsin is to attract, grow and retain women and girls in technology related careers. Men, women, and students are welcome!
- DevOps Meetup Group: With the help of the good folks at Jewelers Mutual in Neenah, WI, we put together a user group for IT professionals to get together regularly and talk about all things DevOps. We can discuss topics about interesting things people are doing in the area of DevOps Automation, Agile, Cloud, Containers, Microservices, and more. However, we welcome the community to decide and contribute to any worthwhile topics.
Software Development Groups
- Fox Cities PHP Meetup: A meetup for people who want to enhance their PHP knowledge and meet other PHP enthusiasts.
- Fox Valley Python Users Group: blog of the Fox Valley Python User Group. We meet on the first Thursday of the month, at the Oshkosh Library.
- Fox Valley Game Development: Do you find yourself doing game development on your own or want to get into game development? Come join some like minded people for fun, discussion and learning.
- NEW Agile: NEW Agile Users Group seeks to educate via a tutorial and networking focus where members and other attendees discover, share, and develop tools and techniques for becoming great Agile leaders in their organizations.
- NEWDUG Northeast Wisconsin Developers Users Group – we are a polyglot group with a wide range of topics.
- Web920: Web 920 is a monthly meetup group for Northeastern Wisconsin’s web design and development professionals, web marketers, students, educators, and business people.
Technology Specific and Security Groups
- Fox Valley SharePoint and BI Users Group: The Fox Valley SharePoint & Business Intelligence Users Group focuses on both Microsoft SharePoint technologies as well as Business Intelligence solutions that are built on the Microsoft platform. Because there is often times a convergence of these solutions at the portal level, this group concentrates discussions around both topics.
- Fox Pass Group: FoxPASS, the SQL Server community for Northeast Wisconsin!
- Midwest Azure User Group (MAUG): We aim to provide a place for meeting, learning and discussion about the ever changing ecosystem that is Azure.
- NEW SharePoint User Group: The group is a community organization for all SharePoint users, developers, administrators and any other SharePoint related professionals.
- VMWare User Group: designed to encourage and support VMware users in the Wisconsin area.
- Microsoft Powershell: Open to people who want to learn more about PowerShell from Advanced to Beginner. We will be having discussions on a monthly basis on different topics from command line to scripts, from the operating systems to technologies that use PowerShell.
- Wisconsin UX (User eXperience): Calling entrepreneurs, designers, and developers that care about creating amazing experiences, solving problems and fighting for their users.